The "BW" gate valve is API approved for severe services such as choke-and-kill manifolds and Christmas trees. By applying the newest technology in the most critical area, the sealing surfaces of the gate and seats, Flocon engineers have gained many advantages over other gate valve designs.
1. Hard-faced, alloy steel gate. The gate facing has a high resistance to wear and corrosion. It also reduces friction between the gate and seats, so less effort is required to open and close the valve.
2. Solid tungsten carbide seats. These seats also are highly resistant to wear and corrosion, with longer life expectancy than seats made of other materials.
3. Holds pressure from either direction. Line pressure forces the gate against the downstream seat for a positive seal from either side. Therefore, the valve can be mounted facing either way in your line.
4. Venting prevents valve damage. The body cavity is vented to the valve's upstream side. Since there is no danger of a pressure lock . . no chance of trapped fluids damaging the valve due to heat expansion.
5. Stress on the stem is minimal. Once the gate is closed, no further tightening or wedging is required for a positive seal. This reduces the hazard of stress corrosion cracking the stem.
6. Gate guides keep body cavity clear. Metal guides run the full length of the gate's travel.
7. Alloy steel valve body is heat-treated to NACE specifications.
8. Easy opening and closing. The combination of hard facing on the gate, TeflonÂ® lining in the stem packing and needle thrust bearings reduces the effort required to turn the handwheel.
9. U-type stem packing is TeflonÂ® lined. Reduced friction between the packing and stem during valve opening and closing prolongs packing life.
10. Packing can be replaced with pressure in the line. The operating stem backseats, so all-packing can be changed under pressure, if necessary.
11. Maintenance is simple. The gate, gate guides and seats can be replaced without removing the valve body from the line. They do not require a selective fit, and no special tools are needed.
12. Bonnet seal is a metal gasket in 5,000 psi valves. A BX-type ring gasket is used in 10,000 and 15,000 psi valves.
13. Interchangeable with API gate valves. â€œBWâ€ valves can be substituted for other gate valves of comparable size and pressure rating in existing manifolds and Christmas trees.
14. Selection. Flocon's Type â€œBWâ€ gate valves are available in pressure ratings to 15,000 psi, in a full array of trims, with manual or hydraulic operators. High temperature models (manual only) are available.
1. Controlled Hardness is 235 BHN Max
2. T-C Hardface
3. Charpy V-Notch test per API/DNV required for any trim at low temperature services. Temperature to be specified if above 2500F
4. Tungsten carbide hardface
Over-tightening the Type BW gate valve does not assist in affecting a seal.
Jamming the gate may prevent the valve from sealing.
Recommended operative procedure is:
1. Operating the valve - Turn the handwheel counter-clockwise until the gate shoulders, then clockwise one quarter turn.
2. Closing the valve - Turn the handwheel clockwise until the gate shoulders in the bottom of the body, then counter-clockwise one quarter turn.
Hydraulic Operated Gate Valve
For Drilling and Production Service
1. The hydraulic valve is available with a manual closing and locking screw.
2. The adjusting nut in the blind cylinder head absorbs the overload or test pressures applied to the opening side of the valve, preventing the pressure from reaching the stem.
3. The cylinder head to allow the piston to cover the exhaust port before the end of the stroke. This arrangement provides enough damping to protect the valve from shock loading.
4. The overload or test pressures applied to the closing side of the cylinder are absorbed by the piston bottoming out against the packing gland of the stem.
5. The tail rod and the operating stem have backseating shoulders to allow changing the stem packing while the valve is under pressure.
6. Cylinder-operated valves have a special body containing a stuffing box through which a tail rod passes from the gate. The tail rod serves the following purposes:
• Acts as a pressure balance for the stem, which connects the gate to the operating piston.
• Compensates for the volume displaced by the operating stem.
The SSV is an automatic wellhead valve, which shuts off the flowstream upon loss of supply pressure. To perform this function, according to 14-D, and API specifications, the SSV must be assembled as the second valve in the wellhead flowstream.
Since the early days of offshore drilling; contractors have used almost every type of valve for diverter service. This included ball valves, butterfly valves, and etc. Some have used large bore ANSI pipeline valves. None of these valves have proven successful.
Control Flow now introduces a valve designed for diverter service. This valve design is field proven in mud and pressure control applications.
The valve has API diameter full bores. Sizes available are 9", 11" and 13 5/8" API flanged ends at working pressures to 3000 psi.
Full bore diverter valves are available as handwheel operated or hydraulic operated.
The Control Flow DW-10 gate valve is a compact design especially suited for the harsh service requirements of subsea choke and kill lines in water depths up to 13,000 feet. DW-10 valves are available in a variety of sizes, trims, and pressure ranges up to 15,000 psi. The DW-10 features a balanced stem design, which prevents fluid displacement in the valve body during opening and closing along with bidirectional sealing. These features prevent the valve from opening when line pressure is less than sea pressure, and allow several valves to be placed together in the same block or line without the possibility of pressure lock between the valves. As with all Control Flow slab style gate valves, metal to metal sealing ensures reliability under extreme conditions and seats are especially designed to prevent body erosion.
The DW-10 valve is easily maintained and features a detachable actuator completely separate from the valve body, bonnet, stem, and packing thereby maintaining the integrity of the valve even with the actuator removed. Typically the operating pressure of the actuator cylinder is 1500 psi, however a maximum pressure rating of 3000 psi can be applied under certain circumstances. All DW-10 subsea valves can be easily converted to an R.O.V. override.
Control Flow offers an in-line check valve that provides maximum flow, low turbulence, reduced slam, positive shutoff, and long life with minimum maintenance. A durable, spring loaded check valve which seals effectively against back pressure in the line, but readily opens to normal pump or flow pressures. The name is FloGuard.
Each FloGuard valve utilizes an unthreaded, field-replaceable seat and Control Flow's exclusive inside blowout preventer design for its sealing poppet. This simple, yet reliable, sealing system has been field-proved for many years in the most demanding drilling environments.
FloGuard in-line check valves come in 2" through 8" sizes and working pressures up the 5,000 psi with a wide choice of body trims and end connections. The body, seat and poppet are manufactured from solid alloy steel, resulting in added strength and longer valve life than competitive cast valves.
FloCheck™ is a one-way drop type check valve especially designed to help you save on maintenance and valve replacement costs. It is fully repairable in-line and features an exclusive seat design that virtually eliminates wear on the valve body. NOTE: The seat can be resurfaced if wear is not excessive.
Each FloCheck™ valve is carefully manufactured, inspected and tested to ensure long, trouble-free service in the most demanding environmental conditions. All valve sizes have face-to-face dimensions identical to API gate valves and API flanged end connections are standard. Buttweld, clamped and studded end connections are provided on request. Spare parts, including all seals, are available from stock. And, since FloCheck incorporates the same poppet design used in many popular mud pumps, spares are available worldwide through numerous supply stores.